Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Last night on the Ohio

It is real now. Tomorrow, I will be rowing past Cairo and onto the Mississippi.  I have planned and re-planned things over in my head but for some reason preparation doesn't seem to be enough.  I have first hand accounts from people about the river ahead.  They vary wildly from just faster than the Ohio to a dangerous torrent with sea monsters.  Well, I don't believe the last one, but still a little scared.  Probably more accurate to say that I am uncertain what tomorrow will bring.  Will I be able to find food and water?  Will the places on the maps be there or will they be erased by the flood?  At this point, I have many more questions than answers.  I just hope everything goes well.  If you are religious, say a little prayer for me tonight. Thank you for your support and comments up until this point. My cell reception after this point may be a little spotty but I still love to get the comments and emails. All of you out there that were waiting till I got half way to donate now is your chance. I am half way done with my trip and almost half way on the donations. I have traveled a thousand miles by canoe for Parkinson's disease. Please donate and help me get the rest of the way. Michael.