Sunday, June 5, 2011

First rain storm

Two days ago, my parents came to visit me on the river bringing things that I realized I needed and taking away those things that were just weighing me down.  Lucky for me in the exchange I got a tent because it was storming last night for the first time since I have been on this trip.  I got off the water around eight at Duffy campground struck up a conversation with a married couple, got a place to park my tent, food and a shower.  People in general have been very nice on the river.  Wes is a sheet metal worker and his wife Kim is a home maker.  They come to the river on the weekends to stay in their RV and relax.  I think I will be getting a late start today as all my stuff is wet from the down pour last night.  Also I woke up this morning and some of my fingers were numb.  I have been rowing pretty hard and my fingers have been really sore and stiff but never numb.  That was a sign to take it easy today.  So I woke up late, ate some bacon and eggs with Wes and Kim.  Washed some of my clothes and in general, charged my batteries.  Thank god for the kindness of strangers.  I don't need it to survive but it makes the trip that much nicer.