Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pit stop

I stopped to get out of a storm that came on suddenly and turned out that I stopped at a winery.  Lucky me!  The day before that I stopped to get out of a thunderstorm and ended up with a home cooked meal.  Thanks Janice.  Yesterday was a different story though.  Got stuck in a rainstorm and had two miles to go before I hit the marina that I was planning on stopping at.  I was soaked and the boat had six inches of water in it by the time I got there.  Then when I finally arrived it was closed.  Well, I guess my luck was bound to run out sometime.

So I decided to try and find a store.  Turns out, I had ended up in this shady small town with nothing but motels.  Watched a women walking down the street with no shoes on.  Walking through the puddles of mud without a care in the world or a tooth in her mouth.  I preceded back to my boat and didn't venture out anymore.   I decided it would be better to stop in the next town.