Monday, July 11, 2011

The cinnci, chilli king of Lousiville

The other night I had put in a thirty mile day and was beat.  I was heading for a cove with a bunch of marinas.  A guy and his wife stopped to talk to me; he offered me a tow up the stream to his place and a meal.  Tom and Paula cooked me dinner and during the course of the dinner, I found out that he owned four skyline chili joints.  I don't know if anyone out there knows what I am talking about but since I got with in a hundred miles of Cinnci, I was told about this thing called Cincinnati chili.  It is a sweet chili with something like cinnamon or nutmeg or something like that.  When I heard that for the fist time, I was like "what?, sweet chili sounds disgusting."  I tried it in Laweranceburg, and it was great.  They sell hot dogs, pasta and cheese in all sorts of combinations but that is basically it.  I would try it if you ever have a chance.