Sunday, July 24, 2011

Upside to mile 686 , mile 692

Soaked and tired from the thunderstorm.  I rolled into the little town of Darby Indiana. It was still raining when I left my boat on the side of the river.  Taking some dry cloths and my phone with me, I started towards town.  The tavern that I thought was in town was closed only on Tuesdays, and it was Tuesday. I wondered back toward my boat when I saw this older couple sitting on their porch. I approached them and started talking.  In the beginning, they were kind of weary but eventually I won them over.  I ended up getting a meal, bed, shower, and they washed my clothes.  Cecil owned a vineyard, and Verona was a seamstress.  We passed the night sampling his wine and in the morning, I left with a cover for my seat.  Very nice people exactly when I needed it.