Thursday, July 28, 2011

The stalker

I had a shadow and didn't even know it.  For the last forty months, since he retired, Harry Swanson has been working the hardest job he has ever done.  He is working on his life dreams.  Harry has biked across the country twice.  Biked through South America, South Africa and after kayaking the Ohio and Mississippi he plans to bike through Thailand and Laos.  Harry says, "Working on your dreams is the hardest thing you will ever do; many people say they are going to do things but never do; I wanted to do them."  While talking with Harry, I completely understand what he is saying.  During my trip, there have been numerous people that have said that I was living their dream.  Doing what they were to scared too, or too busy to do.  Harry continues, "People can always find so many reasons why they can't follow their dreams, all it takes is planning and the will to do it.  Well Harry is living his dream, a true adventurer.  My hat is off to you Harry.  I'll see you in the Keys someday; I'll be the one with the beat up canoe flying the conch republic flag.